Since 1993, Centennial High School has focused on developing traditions of pride and excellence. We have a tremendous staff committed to the success of young people. Centennial High School’s vision is that students today have the personal, academic, and social opportunities necessary to become productive, informed, and participating citizens of tomorrow. This is accomplished through our Schoolwide Learning Objectives:
The mission of Centennial High School is to create an accepting environment where students develop academic and workplace skills to promote effective citizenship.
Centennial High School’s accomplishments/recognitions include:
- 2011 California Distinguished School.
- 2013 California Civic Learning Award
- First school to have a student earn the seal of Civic Engagement (Alexander Fan)
- Earned a national championship at the Virtual Enterprise Nationals in NYC. in 2023, and have earned multiple state championships over two decades in Virtual Enterprise.
- Mock Trial team took 1st place in Kern County in 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022 & 2023. In 2016 the team finished 4th in the California State Championships out of 32 teams. Invited to and participated in the elite Empire Mock Trial competition in 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. They competed in the Empire Mock Trial World Championships in Chicago and finished 6th in the nation in 2022.
- Centennial's "We the People" program has a long history of success. In total, Centennial has won the regional competition 20 times and finished in the top 5 at state 26 times. Centennial has won the state competition 4 times (1998, 1999, 2002, 2003) and finished in the top ten at nationals 4 times (1998, 1999, 2002, 2003) including 2 bronze medals (1998, 1999). Last year's team finished 1st in the region and placed 3rd at the state competition.
- Robotics Program - State: 10 time state qualifier; Placed 1st in state in 2023, winning the overall "excellence" award. Qualified 3 robots to World Championship in 2023.
- Marching Hawk & Golden Pageantry Corp. have won numerous sweepstakes awards in statewide competitions.
- E-Sports- CHS Varsity team- KHSD Champions 2023
- Theatre program has earned multiple PEAAK Awards. The program also earned the Rising Star Award from the New York Conservatory of Dramatic Arts for The Phantom of the Opera
- Art program participates in the following community events: Fallen Officer Event; Bakersfield Art Association; Congressional Art Show; Via Arte
- GATE, Honors and Advanced Placement classes available in English, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Spanish, French, Visual arts, and Music Theory.
- 9 Dual Enrollment classes at Centennial
- Special programs include: AVID, Project Lead The Way (Engineering and Bio Medical Science), English Language Development, CTE Pathways, Regional Occupational Program/Career Technical Education Center, Independent Study and Special Education.
- Outstanding athletic teams at all levels – 139 League, 33 Section, 2 State, and 1 National championship as part of CHS’s 30-year history.
- Excellent student leadership development program. Great student involvement in community non-profit programs.
- Wide variety of excellent academic support programs for underserved and challenged students - Literacy, ACCESS, Foundational Math, Academic Achievement, Peer Tutors, and AVID curriculum.