Weekly Lunch Menu
|Day||Breakfast||Lunch Daily Special|
|Monday||Choice of Egg and Chorizo Burrito or Muffins||Choice of Spicy Chicken Strips and Fries|
|Tuesday||Choice of Ham and Egg breakfast sandwich or mini donuts||Choice of Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Wednesday||Choice of sausage biscuit, or fruit parfait.||Choice of Food Sale Day-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Thursday||Choice of mini donuts or egg, ham and potato breakfast||Choice of Southwest Chicken Rice Bowl-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Friday||Choice of Cinnamon roll or yogurt with cinnamon toast crisps||Choice of Beef and Bean Nacho Salad|
- Click here for more information about Cafeteria menus, options, nutritional information and pricing.
- AP Students. Pay for AP exams now in the finance office. Exams cost $93 or $20 if you qualify for financial assistance (see April in counseling office for application). Payment deadline is March 17.
- Do you have your athletic packet in? All athletes must have a physical packet turned in to the athletic office before participating in any sports or they can NOT participate! Physical packets must be resubmitted every academic year.
- V Baseball is released after 3rd period bell and cleared 4-7
- Track will check in with 4th period and then be released
- Swim will check in to 7th period and then be released
- Congratulations to Sam Carlson, Melissa Moore and Lindsey Brackett! You will be this year’s Airband MC’s!
- First mandatory Airband Practice Monday in the PAC at lunch. This will also be your last chance to audition as a performer.
- Seniors!! GradNite tickets go on sale Monday morning at 6am! Again, GradNite tickets go on sale at 6am MONDAY MORNING! Make sure you come to Finance and get you debt screen cleared or you will not be able to buy a ticket. Bring your debt clearance slip, permission slip and $130 CASH ONLY and we will see you bright and early 6am Monday morning!
- Four teams from Centennial competed at the State Robotics tournament on Saturday. Two teams were able to reach the Quarterfinals and were the highest ranked of any Bakersfield Teams
- On March 14th from 11:00-9:00pm Virtual Business will be having a fundraiser at The Habit Burger Grill on Calloway. Flyers are in the activities office, show at checkout. Please come out to support!
- Students and staff! Come visit the Virtual Business Open House in room 1403 Friday March 10th to make a virtual purchase, get a snack, and participate in a Cross Fit workout to win prizes
- Graduation speaker information is available in the library. Three positions are available, and all seniors who are on track to graduate on June 1 are eligible. Candidate interviews begin May 2.
From the Career Center:
- Loyd’s Aviation Paper Airplane Scholarship Contest is taking place on April 8th. This is a paper airplane building competition open to senior STEM, and/or Aviation students. Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded. The airplane that flies the farthest and the airplane that is airborne the longest will be the winners. This contest is limited to the first 100 applicants, pick up an application today in the career center.
- Seniors: The Woman’s Club of Bakersfield Scholarship should be turned in to Ms. Hayes instead of mailing the application in, due date will be March 24th.
- The School of Natural Science, Mathematics, and Engineering at CSUB is offering a program in science and mathematics funded by Chevron Corporation. REV-UP offers hands-on research experiences for teams in biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geology, mathematics, and physics. All research projects will take place June 5 through June 29, 2017 in research laboratories at CSUB. Applications available in the career center.
- Attention BC Bound Seniors: If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, you have the opportunity to participate in the Bakersfield College President’s Scholars program. This prestigious program was established to encourage high-performing high school graduates to continue their outstanding achievements at BC. Check with Ms. Hayes for more information.
- Interested in becoming a lifeguard or swim instructor? The City of Bakersfield Recreation & Parks 2017 Lifeguard Academy is coming up. Course fees are waived and only a $35 fee for the American Red Cross certification will apply. Flyers are available in the career center with more information.
- Interested in becoming a NOR lifeguard? Classes are beginning soon for lifeguard certification and water safety instructor certification. Flyers are available in the career center.
- The Scholarship of the Week is: The North of the River Chamber of Commerce Scholarship. Applicant must have applied for admission to a two or four year college or university. Must have maintained a GPA of 2.75 or above and have demonstrated financial need. This application is online at norchamber.org. For additional information stop by the career center. Deadline is 04/04/17.
- The career center is open to students before school, during 1st thru 5th periods, and is located in the main office by the counseling offices.
From the Dean’s Office: