Weekly Lunch Menu
|Day||Breakfast||Lunch Daily Special|
|Monday||Choice of Egg and Chorizo Burrito or Muffins||Choice of Spicy Chicken Strips and Fries|
|Tuesday||Choice of Ham and Egg breakfast sandwich or mini donuts||Choice of Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Wednesday||Choice of sausage biscuit, or fruit parfait.||Choice of Food Sale Day-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Thursday||Choice of mini donuts or egg, ham and potato breakfast||Choice of Southwest Chicken Rice Bowl-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Friday||Choice of Cinnamon roll or yogurt with cinnamon toast crisps||Choice of Beef and Bean Nacho Salad|
- Click here for more information about Cafeteria menus, options, nutritional information and pricing.
- AP Students. Pay for AP exams now in the finance office. Exams cost $93 or $20 if you qualify for financial assistance (see April in counseling office for application). Payment deadline is March 17.
- This week is National School Counselor Week. If your counselor has helped you plan for classes, worked with you through a difficult time, helped you with your college applications, or is just a wonderful person – please stop by and thank them for being here! We love our counselors!
- We are auditioning for the Trial of the Wicked Witch after school on Tuesday, February 14. Stop by Room 304 for more details. Performance dates will be April 6 and 7.
- Do you have your athletic packet in? All athletes must have a physical packet turned in to the athletic office before participating in any sports or they can NOT participate! Physical packets must be resubmitted every academic year.
- Baseball vs El Diamonte game is cancelled tomorrow
- Reminder there is no school Monday
- Congrats to Kai Whitaker for receiving the Grand Prize at the Talent Show. His sensational hip-hop, tap fusion wowed both the audience and the judges. Congrats to all the contestants for a great show.
- Buy your Skylar Gram/Valentine greeting cards in front of Mrs. Roberts’ room- 1405 this Friday Feb. 10th during lunch!
From the Career Center:
- Attention Senior Students: The March 2nd deadline for your FAFSA is fast approaching. Come up to the career center to get your FAFSA started.
- Interested in aviation? A Rep. from California Aeronautical University will be in the career center Feb. 28th, 4th period only. Sign up now if interested.
- The Kern County Library is looking for interested students to become involved in their Teen Advisory Board. This group of students is committed to making the library a great place for teens by helping library staff maintain a positive presence and environment for other teens in the library. For more information talk to Mr. Andersen in the library or stop by the career center for an information sheet and application.
- Interested in becoming a lifeguard or swim instructor? The City of Bakersfield Recreation & Parks 2017 Lifeguard Academy is coming up. Course fees are waived and only a $35 fee for the American Red Cross certification will apply. Flyers are available in the career center with more information.
- CSUB 2017 College: Making It Happen! Saturday, March 11th, 8:00am-2:00pm in the Icardo Center. Free admission and open to all students. Workshops are designed to communicate the importance of early academic and financial planning to ensure all students are provided with choices after high school. Registration deadline is 02/17/17 or until maximum capacity has been reached. Flyers available in the career center.
- SNO SHACK is looking to hire energetic, motivated, responsible people to work this summer. You must be 16 years old by 04/14/17; have a 3.0 GPA and have a great attendance record. Applications are available in the career center.
- Are you 15-18 years of age and looking for your first job? Check out the Boys & Girls Club and PG&E Better Together Summer Jobs Program. Receive job training and an opportunity to receive a paid internship for 6 weeks during the summer. Deadline to apply is March 1st. Flyers are available in the career center.
- Interested in becoming a NOR lifeguard? Classes are beginning soon for lifeguard certification and water safety instructor certification. Flyers are available in the career center.
- The Scholarship of the Week is: Talons 2017 Scholarship This scholarship is for CHS Band, Color Guard, and Orchestra graduating seniors only. Eligibility requirements are you must have participated in a high school instrumental music program for at least three years and have a 3.0 GPA. For additional information and an application stop by the career center. Deadline is 04/26/17.
- The career center is open to students before school, during 1st thru 5th periods, and is located in the main office by the counseling offices.
From the Dean’s Office:
- All students leaving campus because of Work Experience or excused 6th and 7th periods must now exit through the front Administration doors. You must have your schedule check by security, at the front table, before leaving campus. If you need a copy of your schedule, please stop by the dean’s office after 4th period.