Weekly Lunch Menu
|Day||Breakfast||Lunch Daily Special|
|Monday||Choice of Egg and Chorizo Burrito or Muffins||Choice of Spicy Chicken Strips and Fries|
|Tuesday||Choice of Ham and Egg breakfast sandwich or mini donuts||Choice of Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Wednesday||Choice of sausage biscuit, or fruit parfait.||Choice of Food Sale Day-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Thursday||Choice of mini donuts or egg, ham and potato breakfast||Choice of Southwest Chicken Rice Bowl-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Friday||Choice of Cinnamon roll or yogurt with cinnamon toast crisps||Choice of Beef and Bean Nacho Salad|
- Click here for more information about Cafeteria menus, options, nutritional information and pricing.
- AP Students. Pay for AP exams now in the finance office. Exams cost $93 or $20 if you qualify for financial assistance (see April in counseling office for application). Payment deadline is March 17.
- Do you have your athletic packet in? All athletes must have a physical packet turned in to the athletic office before participating in any sports or they can NOT participate! Physical packets must be resubmitted every academic year.
- Congratulations to the JV and Varsity baseball teams for reaching the championship game in the Terrio Tournament. Both teams will play at Sam Lynn Ball Park Saturday: JV at 12:00 Varsity at 6:00
- FS Baseball and Softball will be released at 10:15am
- Track will be released today at 10:15am
- Good luck to Jessica Jensen competing in History Day with her documentary “Taking a Stand to Define the 1st Amendment: The Nationalist Socialist Party of America v. the Village of Skokie.”
- The Dueling Hawks Club will host a 2nd annual Extra Life Gaming Party on Sat., April 1, 12-6 PM in the CHS cafeteria. A $10 donation buys fun, games, food, prizes. Stop by the library for more facts.
- Attention Sophomores! If you are interested in joining the Virtual Business program you can pick up an application in the counseling office or room 1403. Applications are due March 31st!
From the Career Center:
- Loyd’s Aviation Paper Airplane Scholarship Contest is taking place on April 8th. This is a paper airplane building competition open to senior STEM, and/or Aviation students. Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded. The airplane that flies the farthest and the airplane that is airborne the longest will be the winners. This contest is limited to the first 100 applicants, pick up an application today in the career center.
- Seniors: The Woman’s Club of Bakersfield Scholarship should be turned in to Ms. Hayes instead of mailing the application in, due date will be March 24th.
- Attention BC Bound Seniors: If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, you have the opportunity to participate in the Bakersfield College President’s Scholars program. This prestigious program was established to encourage high-performing high school graduates to continue their outstanding achievements at BC. Check with Ms. Hayes for more information.
- Interested in becoming a lifeguard or swim instructor? The City of Bakersfield Recreation & Parks 2017 Lifeguard Academy is coming up. Course fees are waived and only a $35 fee for the American Red Cross certification will apply. Flyers are available in the career center with more information.
- CSUB 2017 College: Making It Happen! Saturday, March 11th, 8:00am-2:00pm in the Icardo Center. Free admission and open to all students. Workshops are designed to communicate the importance of early academic and financial planning to ensure all students are provided with choices after high school. Flyers available in the career center.
- Interested in becoming a NOR lifeguard? Classes are beginning soon for lifeguard certification and water safety instructor certification. Flyers are available in the career center.
- The Scholarship of the Week is: The North of the River Chamber of Commerce Scholarship. Applicant must have applied for admission to a two or four year college or university. Must have maintained a GPA of 2.75 or above and have demonstrated financial need. This application is online at norchamber.org. For additional information stop by the career center. Deadline is 04/04/17.
- The career center is open to students before school, during 1st thru 5th periods, and is located in the main office by the counseling offices.
From the Dean’s Office: