Weeklyp Lunch Menu
|Day||Breakfast||Lunch Daily Special|
|Monday||Choice of Egg and Chorizo Burrito or Muffins||Choice of Spicy Chicken Strips and Fries|
|Tuesday||Choice of Ham and Egg breakfast sandwich or mini donuts||Choice of Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Wednesday||Choice of sausage biscuit, or fruit parfait.||Choice of Food Sale Day-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Thursday||Choice of mini donuts or egg, ham and potato breakfast||Choice of Southwest Chicken Rice Bowl-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Friday||Choice of Cinnamon roll or yogurt with cinnamon toast crisps||Choice of Beef and Bean Nacho Salad|
- Click here for more information about Cafeteria menus, options, nutritional information and pricing.
- AP Students. Pay for AP exams now in the finance office. Exams cost $93 or $20 if you qualify for financial assistance (see April in counseling office for application). Payment deadline is March 17.
- Do you have your athletic packet in? All athletes must have a physical packet turned in to the athletic office before participating in any sports or they can NOT participate! Physical packets must be resubmitted every academic year.
- The basketball bus to Clovis East will leave at 2:45
- Track will be released at 11:15am
- Varsity Baseball will be released after the 6th period bell and excused 7th
- JV Soft ball will check into 7th then head out to the bus
- Congratulations to the following wrestlers for qualifying for Masters today and Saturday in Clovis; Marco Wier, Anthony Ortega and Antonio Valle!
- Airband tryouts are next week Wed-Thurs at lunch in the PAC! Get your friends together and start planning your act!
- Hawk of the Month luncheon today
- Live from the PAC, it’s CENTENNIAL NIGHT LIVE! Have you got an idea for a skit? Ideas for a guest host? Musical guest suggestion? Bring your ideas to room 304.
- The French Honor Society will be selling Mardi Gras Grams in the quad during lunch Friday – Tuesday .
- Stop by the library soon and check out the new books, including newly published fantasy, non-fiction, and graphic novels.
From the Career Center:
- Attention Senior Students: The March 2nd deadline for your FAFSA is fast approaching. All seniors need to complete the FAFSA. Colleges cannot offer merit nor need based scholarships without a FAFSA on file.
- Interested in aviation? A Rep. from California Aeronautical University will be in the career center tomorrow, Feb. 28th, 4th period only. Sign up now if interested.
- Seniors: The Woman’s Club of Bakersfield Scholarship should be turned in to Ms. Hayes instead of mailing the application in, due date will be March 24th.
- Attention BC Bound Seniors: If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, you have the opportunity to participate in the Bakersfield College President’s Scholars program. This prestigious program was established to encourage high-performing high school graduates to continue their outstanding achievements at BC. Check with Ms. Hayes ASAP to apply.
- The Kern County Library is looking for interested students to become involved in their Teen Advisory Board. This group of students is committed to making the library a great place for teens by helping library staff maintain a positive presence and environment for other teens in the library. For more information talk to Mr. Andersen in the library or stop by the career center for an information sheet and application.
- Interested in becoming a lifeguard or swim instructor? The City of Bakersfield Recreation & Parks 2017 Lifeguard Academy is coming up. Course fees are waived and only a $35 fee for the American Red Cross certification will apply. Flyers are available in the career center with more information.
- CSUB 2017 College: Making It Happen! Saturday, March 11th, 8:00am-2:00pm in the Icardo Center. Free admission and open to all students. Workshops are designed to communicate the importance of early academic and financial planning to ensure all students are provided with choices after high school. Registration deadline is 02/17/17 or until maximum capacity has been reached. Flyers available in the career center.
- SNO SHACK is looking to hire energetic, motivated, responsible people to work this summer. You must be 16 years old by 04/14/17; have a 3.0 GPA and have a great attendance record. Applications are available in the career center.
- Are you 15-18 years of age and looking for your first job? Check out the Boys & Girls Club and PG&E Better Together Summer Jobs Program. Receive job training and an opportunity to receive a paid internship for 6 weeks during the summer. Flyers are available.
- Interested in becoming a NOR lifeguard? Classes are beginning soon for lifeguard certification and water safety instructor certification. Flyers are available in the career center.
- The Scholarship of the Week is: The American Petroleum Institute San Joaquin Valley Chapter awards scholarships to students who wish to pursue a career in the petroleum industry. All senior STEM students should apply as many courses of study could be beneficial in the oil industry. For additional information and an application stop by the career center. Deadline is 03/31/17.
- The career center is open to students before school, during 1st thru 5th periods, and is located in the main office by the counseling offices.
From the Dean’s Office: