Weekly Lunch Menu
|Day||Breakfast||Lunch Daily Special|
|Monday||Choice of Egg and Chorizo Burrito or Muffins||Choice of Spicy Chicken Strips and Fries|
|Tuesday||Choice of Ham and Egg breakfast sandwich or mini donuts||Choice of Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Wednesday||Choice of sausage biscuit, or fruit parfait.||Choice of Food Sale Day-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Thursday||Choice of mini donuts or egg, ham and potato breakfast||Choice of Southwest Chicken Rice Bowl-BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger-Spicy Chicken Sandwich-pepperoni or cheese pizza-Bean and Cheese Burrito|
|Friday||Choice of Cinnamon roll or yogurt with cinnamon toast crisps||Choice of Beef and Bean Nacho Salad|
- Click here for more information about Cafeteria menus, options, nutritional information and pricing.
- AP Students. Pay for AP exams now in the finance office. Exams cost $93 or $20 if you qualify for financial assistance (see April in counseling office for application). Payment deadline is March 17.
- Do you have your athletic packet in? All athletes must have a physical packet turned in to the athletic office before participating in any sports or they can NOT participate! Physical packets must be resubmitted every academic year.
- Boys Varsity Soccer will be released after 3rd period
- Reminder there is no school Monday so we will wee you Tuesday!
- If you are a senior BOY and interested in being a Camp KEEP counselor, please come up to the Activities Office and sign up!
- Airband tryouts are Wed and Thurs at lunch in the PAC! Get your friends together and start planning your act!
- Tuesday Link leaders meeting at lunch
- Tuesday ASB meeting during 2nd period
- Kern County Student Leadership Tuesday during 1st period
- Tuesday Badminton Trn continues during lunch
From the Career Center:
- Attention Senior Students: The March 2nd deadline for your FAFSA is fast approaching. All seniors need to complete the FAFSA. Colleges cannot offer merit nor need based scholarships without a FAFSA on file. Come to the career center to get your FAFSA started.
- Interested in aviation? A Rep. from California Aeronautical University will be in the career center Feb. 28th, 4th period only. Sign up now if interested.
- Attention BC Bound Seniors: If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, you have the opportunity to participate in the Bakersfield College President’s Scholars program. This prestigious program was established to encourage high-performing high school graduates to continue their outstanding achievements at BC. Check with Ms. Hayes ASAP to apply.
- The Kern County Library is looking for interested students to become involved in their Teen Advisory Board. This group of students is committed to making the library a great place for teens by helping library staff maintain a positive presence and environment for other teens in the library. For more information talk to Mr. Andersen in the library or stop by the career center for an information sheet and application.
- Interested in becoming a lifeguard or swim instructor? The City of Bakersfield Recreation & Parks 2017 Lifeguard Academy is coming up. Course fees are waived and only a $35 fee for the American Red Cross certification will apply. Flyers are available in the career center with more information.
- CSUB 2017 College: Making It Happen! Saturday, March 11th, 8:00am-2:00pm in the Icardo Center. Free admission and open to all students. Workshops are designed to communicate the importance of early academic and financial planning to ensure all students are provided with choices after high school. Registration deadline is 02/17/17 or until maximum capacity has been reached. Flyers available in the career center.
- SNO SHACK is looking to hire energetic, motivated, responsible people to work this summer. You must be 16 years old by 04/14/17; have a 3.0 GPA and have a great attendance record. Applications are available in the career center.
- Are you 15-18 years of age and looking for your first job? Check out the Boys & Girls Club and PG&E Better Together Summer Jobs Program. Receive job training and an opportunity to receive a paid internship for 6 weeks during the summer. A Rep. will be in the career center 6th period on Feb. 22nd, sign up if interested. Flyers are also available.
- Interested in becoming a NOR lifeguard? Classes are beginning soon for lifeguard certification and water safety instructor certification. Flyers are available in the career center.
- The Scholarship of the Week is: OMNI Family Health Scholarship. Applicant must have an interest in the health care profession and have a GPA of 3.5 or greater to apply. Up to 10 awards of $1,000 each will be distributed. For additional information and an application stop by the career center. Deadline is 03/31/17.
- The career center is open to students before school, during 1st thru 5th periods, and is located in the main office by the counseling offices.
From the Dean’s Office:
- All students leaving campus because of Work Experience or excused 6th and 7th periods must now exit through the front Administration doors. You must have your schedule check by security, at the front table, before leaving campus. If you need a copy of your schedule, please stop by the dean’s office after 4th period.